By statute, elections can occur in Weston County in the months of May, August, and November.
During even numbered years, both an August Primary Election and a November General Election are held. These are considered "Federal Elections” because candidates for United States Representative appear on these ballots.
By resolution, the Weston County Board of Commissioners can request an election to be held in odd numbered years.
General Election Sample Ballot
Special Election Sample Ballot
Absentee voting begins 40 days prior to each election. For the convenience of Weston County voters, absentee ballots can be obtained at the Weston County Courthouse, in the Clerk`s Office, 1 West Main, Newcastle, Wyoming. The Weston County Clerk's Office is open from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for the 40-day period prior to the election.
Registered voters wishing to cast an absentee ballot may:
- Request an absentee ballot in person at the Weston County Clerk's Office
- Call (307) 746-4744 to request a ballot which will be mailed to the address provided
- Write to Weston County Clerk, 1 West Main, Newcastle, WY 82701 to request a ballot.
- Click Here to Learn More
All absentee ballots must be received in the Clerk`s Office by 7:00 p.m. on the day of the Election to be counted.
Voters may register at the office of the County Clerk. To register to vote in Weston County you:
- Must be 18 years of age on Election Day
- Must be a resident of Weston County
- Must withdraw voter registration from any other jurisdiction, if applicable
- Must not be a convicted felon or adjudicated mentally incompetent
- Must have valid photo identification
Persons who meet the above qualifications may also register to vote at the Polling Place on Primary or General Election Days.
2012 Precinct Boundary Changes
Secretary of State Election Information
Secretary of State Election Forms
Special District Election Laws/Chapter 29
Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP)