Welcome to the Weston County Treasurer Webpage
Susan (Susie) Overman
1 West Main
Newcastle, WY 82701
Phone (307) 746-2852
Fax (307) 746-9505
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Treasurer's Office will be closed on August 15th from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for training.
Our mission is to provide and offer friendly, efficient, courteous, professional, and informative service to the public, in the endeavor of collecting revenue as well as disbursing funds responsibly.
County Treasurer Duties
Sales Tax Collection
- Collect all sales tax due and fees based on place of residence
Property Tax Collection
- Collect Ad Valorem Tax on all real and personal property in Weston County
- Collect Ad Valorem Tax on mineral production and real property
- Hold tax sale on properties with delinquent taxes
- Issue Moving Permits for transportable homes and buildings
Keeping the County's Books
- Maintain permanent record of all monies receipted and disbursed by the County.
- Issue payments on bonded indebtedness for County and school districts.
- Maintain register on outstanding bonded indebtedness for County and School districts.
- Maintain permanent record of all tax revenues collected and disbursed for levied entities.
Property Tax Due & Delinquent Dates
Property taxes in Wyoming are billed and due on September 1st of each year. Taxes may be paid in halves or in full. The interest rate charged on all delinquent taxes is 18%, which is figured daily.
If Paid in Halves
The first half of the taxes become delinquent on November 11th. The second half of the taxes becomes delinquent on May 11th of the subsequent year.
If Paid in Full
The entire tax amount must be paid by December 31st.
The current years taxes are billed around September 1 of the current year. The first half of the taxes must be postmarked by November 10th of the current year and the second half must be postmarked by May 10th of the subsequent year. However, if the entire tax is paid by December 31st of the current year all the interest on the first half is waived.
Click on the following links to view.
Department of Revenue
Wyoming State Statue Title 31
(pertaining to Motor Vehicles)
Wyoming State Statue Title 39
(pertaining to Property Taxes, Sales Tax and Tax Sale)
Info Brochure for Property Tax Refund Program